The aims of NI’s new Strategic Plan 2021-2026 are to improve focus on our core functions, the Institute has been reorganised into four departments: Membership and Branches; Information and Publishing; Research and Relationships; and Qualifications. These activities are now served by a Central Business Services Hub – the administrative heart of NIHQ.
Over the next five years, the NI plans to:
- expand membership from the current 7,000 to at least 10,000
- revitalise and improve support for NI branches
- use the new Legacy Scheme to support education and training initiatives
- introduce a one-to-one mentoring scheme that will draw on NI members’ knowledge and experience
- enhance the work of the Younger Members Council and provide students with free digital membership of the Institute.